All fitness classes are conducted at
CrossFit KGB gym,
located at the corner of Water Street &
Col. Gelardi Drive in Kennebunk.
Directions: From Maine Street (Route 1), on the north side
of the river, just before the bridge by Duffy's, go south
onto Water Street to the end of the road -
you'll see the building with our huge sign outside!
CrossFit KGB is a community of people of all ages who are committed to constantly improving our strength, balance, agility, endurance, and flexibility. From this, we lead quality lives of independence and functional fitness. We focus on function and performance, not body image. We support each other as we enhance our abilities and improve our fitness levels by being challenged in high-intensity, constantly-varied functional movements. We are mothers, fathers, grandparents, and children. We are accountants, firefighters, teachers and doctors. We are the top athlete in our school and we have never played sports before. We are strong and we are committed to ourselves and to our community.
We are a CrossFit-dedicated gym located in beautiful Kennebunk, Maine. We provide a high-intensity core strength and conditioning program that focuses on all ten components of optimal physical fitness that CrossFit embodies:
- Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance the ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen
- Stamina the ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy
- Strength the ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force
- Flexibility the ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint
- Power the ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time
- Speed the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement
- Agility the ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another
- Coordination the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement
- Balance the ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base
- Accuracy the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity